Alaska AG Criticizes Hollis French, May Quash Trooper-gate Subpoenas
The witch hunt continues: Fired Official (Walt Monegan): Governor Sarah Palin Did Not Tell the Truth to ABC.
I guess it’s just a coincidence that the (independent – cough cough) investigator Branchflower has a positive relationship with Monegan that dates back years. Somehow he’s supposed to be objective? Amanda Carpenter had an excellent piece on this yesterday with documentation that Branchflower takes his marching orders directly from Obama’s man, Democrat Hollis French. Also, here’s a pdf file with a letter from the Alaska AG’s office. It’s extremely critical of the investigation, as well as Obama’s "French" playmate Hollis. It also suggests right in the first paragraph that the AG may move to quash the subpoenas as the entire process has been conducted outside the boundaries of reason and perhaps even the law.
It turns out that Steve Branchflower, the former Assistant D.A. hired to investigate Palin’s firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan, has a personal ties to the people he is investigating. For example, his wife, a retired detective for the Anchorage Police Department, was still on the force when Monegan became Chief in 2001. She even heaped praise on him in a 2001 interview with the Anchorage Daily News (subscription req’d):
Monegan is a respected supervisor because he listens to his employees and isn’t afraid to change course if something isn’t working out, said detective Linda Branchflower.
”A lot of us see that as more courageous,” she said.
Several detectives said they are hopeful he’ll re-create the specialized detective units. In the current system, a detective investigating burglaries in one part of town may not realize similar crimes are happening in another part, Branchflower said.
”We’ve been a train on the wrong track going in the wrong direction for too long,” Branchflower said.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch