Overkill On Michelle Obama?
I suspect there’s enough to not like about the Obama’s personal brand of politics. But creepy in this sense? I don’t think Lincoln was thinking term limits when he invoked the better angels or our nature, nor did Kennedy intone: ask what you can do for your country, for a limited time only. It’s high-minded political rhetoric, sure. But maybe it’s simply our not being accustomed to hearing it these days that makes it sound creepy to some? The cynic in me rejects it for all practical purposes. But that doesn’t make it "creepy."
I’m sorry, nowhere in the Constitution does it authorize the President of the United States to demand anyone shed their cynicism. And I’m all for people pushing themselves to be better, but I don’t think the President demanding it is the way to go about it.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch