South Carolina And Nevada
The eventual Republican nominee may win tomorrow, but not in South Carolina, in Nevada, instead. Even some in SC think the winner there won’t go on to get the nod.
Democrat (Shrillary) Clinton and Republican Mitt Romney have comfortable leads in Nevada going into Saturday’s presidential campaign caucuses, according to a new Review-Journal poll.
South Carolina looks like it will go to McCain. Fred is showing momentum, but he hasn’t gone at McCain as hard as he has Huckabee and he needed to do that to win. Anyone care to try and explain that? Unless the polls are missing something the ultimate beneficiary of Fred’s surge won’t be Fred.
Romney was smart to duck SC and gather more delegates in Nevada. Meanwhile, Florida is shaping up like a hell of a race. If Rudy loses there to Romney, this thing might just about be over. Any other outcome makes it a wide open race going into Super Tuesday, Feb. 5th. Everyone will have to play their best shots then and we could be looking at an open convention – which I hope to be blogging from, by the way.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with this living, breathing nonsense from Huckabee on the Constitution. As Bryan points out, Huckabee doesn’t even know what that means. It has less to do with the Amendment process, than it does judicial interpretation.
… because the Constitution isn’t a living, breathing document. If it were, as the proponents of that understanding tend to believe, you can find meanings in the penumbras of what’s actually written….
Between his record, his constantly changing positions, and his constantly talking about things he simply doesn’t understand, there’s really no way Huckabee isn’t a liberal. Certainly, any notion that he’s a conservative is a joke.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch