Huckabee: I’m A Divider, Not A Uniter
There was absolutely no reason for Huckabee to bring up the Confederate Flag issue in South Carolina, especially with such a coarse remark destined for a Democrat commercial in the Fall should Huckabee ever get the nod. The issue was resolved at the State level back in 2000. Huckabee is simply trying to pry an element of the white vote away from McCain because of the kerfuffle over the flag before and after he ran against George Bush. This is not the tactic of a man whose primary claim to fame and electability is having once been a man of the cloth. Huckabee’s piety seems matched only by his ignorance and imprudence. There’s good reason for concern over the type of president that would make. Not even a southern man needs this clown around this primary anymore.
“You don’t like people from outside the state coming in and telling you what to do with your flag,” Mr. Huckabee, a former governor of Arkansas, told supporters in Myrtle Beach, according to The Associated Press.
“In fact,” he said, “if somebody came to Arkansas and told us what to do with our flag, we’d tell them what to do with the pole; that’s what we’d do.”
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch