Huckabee: Too Clever By Half
Update: Hmm. They claimed to have decided to not run negative ads just ten minutes before the event, hence the negative posters were still up. But they cancelled the ad hours earlier. Doesn’t the Bible say something about not lying?
An official at KCRG-TV9 TV9 in Cedar Rapids confirmed that the station received the 30-second spot from the Huckabee campaign shortly after 6 a.m. today but was told at 10:01 a.m. not to air the commercial and the station did not show the paid advertisement.
Huckabee is playing games with the media in an effort to get more free media time for his negative attacks on Romney, while pretending to not be engaging in them. Witness this report from 8 AM this morning on his morning jog:
Huckabee got a zinger in at the end of the run, as the press surrounded him the second he finished. One reporter asked who would win in a footrace — him, or his rival Mitt Romney. "Get him out here!" Huckabee challenged, adding, "though he’d be running both ways the whole time."
But suddenly at Noon, no more negative attacks while standing surrounded by five placards of negative attacks and showing an attack ad to the press … and pledging to keep it positive from now on? How about, he doesn’t want to spend the money to buy air time and hopes the media will carry his water, instead? I’d like to think the press won’t lie down and play dumb for Huckabee, though I doubt it – some want him to be the nominee so bad, they won’t bother exposing the charade.
It’s the sort of gambit that will instantly trigger cynicism among the political class, especially given the confusion that surrounded the move.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch