Blogs Have A Little Earthquake News
I just froze and clutched my desk, hoping it would pass but the ground just kept swaying and swaying and swaying. In my mind I was thinking "oh my god, we’re still moving, why are we still moving?"
Another blogger’s cat apparently didn’t like the commotion. It was a deep quake and no tsunami is anticipated.
We were just rocked by a substantial earthquake – magnitude 7.3, centered not far west of Martinique. Now that’s what I call scary – about 2 minutes of sustained shaking. Cars rocked, motorbike shook, water tank shook and slopped water… and Puss fled.
Update: Another blog here
or sort through Google blog search links
Update: The BBC has unconfirmed reports of buildings collapsed.
No casualties have been reported and no major tsunami warning has been given.
There have been unconfirmed reports that some buildings have collapsed in Martinique’s capital, Fort-de-France.
"For the moment, a building and a bank have collapsed. There is panic, but we do not know if there are casualties," a police source in Fort-de-France told the French news agency AFP.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Officials: OK Death toll “climbing rapidly,” 91 for now
- Oklahoma Tornado Kills at Least 91, Twenty of them Children
- Obama, Oops, … I mean, Uganda police demand journalists name source
- CBS Pulls ‘Mike and Molly’ Season Finale Over OK Tornado “related storyline” – Dems, HuffPo, Not So Much
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist And a Doors Founder Dead at 74
- Amazing Photo: Teachers carry children away from Briarwood Elementary school
- Live Streaming on KFOR.com
- Moore tornado, 37 dead, unconfirmed number of children, number expected to rise
- Update: Plaza Towers Elementary: 7 children dead, 20 – 30 still missing, presumed dead
- Update, 6:22 PM: – KFOR Reports 75 Children In Moore School When Tornado Hit