Blogs Have A Little Earthquake News
I just froze and clutched my desk, hoping it would pass but the ground just kept swaying and swaying and swaying. In my mind I was thinking "oh my god, we’re still moving, why are we still moving?"
Another blogger’s cat apparently didn’t like the commotion. It was a deep quake and no tsunami is anticipated.
We were just rocked by a substantial earthquake – magnitude 7.3, centered not far west of Martinique. Now that’s what I call scary – about 2 minutes of sustained shaking. Cars rocked, motorbike shook, water tank shook and slopped water… and Puss fled.
Update: Another blog here
or sort through Google blog search links
Update: The BBC has unconfirmed reports of buildings collapsed.
No casualties have been reported and no major tsunami warning has been given.
There have been unconfirmed reports that some buildings have collapsed in Martinique’s capital, Fort-de-France.
"For the moment, a building and a bank have collapsed. There is panic, but we do not know if there are casualties," a police source in Fort-de-France told the French news agency AFP.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch