Crime In The Heart-”Sick” Land
Apparently Fox doesn’t want to acknowledge it as they, in an attempted ratings grab, report the murder of Jessie Davis as the second coming of Laci Peterson meets Natalee Holloway, but is anyone else scratching their head as they click past the coverage wondering, what’s wrong with this picture?
Any murder is tragic; the murder of a pregnant woman is even more so. And nothing should distract from an expedient investigation and prosecution, or fail to appreciate the family’s profound suffering because of this crime. Unfortunately, if this is what constitutes crime in the heartland of America, that heart is very sick and we can only expect more of the same.
From news accounts, Bobby Cutts should not have remained a police officer after providing a firearm to a convicted felon / relative. Only an arbitration proceeding put him back on the force. Ms. Davis was nine months pregnant with a second out of wedlock child from a married man with another family and another child from a third woman who, I suspect, is being generous with the terms model / actress from her now California home. And now apparently there’s a girlfriend involved, as well.
If the news of this crime is of any national significance, it should be because of how it illustrates the decline of our culture and the willingness of some to accept the definition of Father as anyone who manages to send out an occasional support payment, and the definition of lover as anyone who happens to have impregnated someone.
I’ve no desire to insult the victim or her family and no one should. But the sad reality is that Jessie Davis was either the victim of poor self, or impulse control and poor decision-making, perhaps both, long before she became a murder victim. And to suggest that one isn’t in any way related to another only endorses the notion that values don’t matter. They do. And while Ms. Davis certainly isn’t in any way directly responsible for her own death, had she been a bit more responsible with her life, it likely wouldn’t have ended in such a tragic crime.
Now, her remaining child and all of the other children linked to this crime are victims of a crime far more significant than any one or two murders. They are victims of a culture where nothing much seems to matter anymore, so long as people are free to act or behave on impulse as they wish, with no regard for the consequences. And all Americans suffer as a result of that tragedy.
Unfortunately for Ms. Davis and her friends and family, it is the crime beneath the crime we shouldn’t simply ignore in this instance.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch