I Doubt Thompson Would Approve
TODAY’S FRED THOMPSON RALLY IN COOKEVILLE: I thought about going, but we’ve been a bit under the weather. But reader Jim Brown emails this YouTube video: "It was filmed and edited by my fifteen year old Grandson, Matthew Matheson. I was late in picking him up so he missed the first part of the rally. He makes and designs web sites and has all the latest technology and software to work with. He is young, but very good. Who knows? He might start making political commercials for the candidates."
I think he already has.
I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with Glenn on this one. Watching the video, the only substantive issue addressed comes via a fellow with a deep southern accent talking about radical Islam being "sheltered" by moderate Islam who won’t stand against it and then going on to cite the world’s high birth rate of Muslims versus the West. And it’s all spun around a web of Conservative thought.
I’m not disputing the points, and the theme may play well across the Right blogosphere, but I doubt very much if it’s a theme Thompson wants to embrace too closely, unless he wants to feed right into a mainstream media more than happy to paint conservatives in a negative light.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch