San Fran Nanny’s Kids Are Acting Up
The Left is all a twitter over House Speaker Pelosi’s statements regarding possibly not funding any additional initiative in Iraq. (video at link) But they are over looking some of Speaker Pelosi’s bigger Democrat kids who appear to be acting up, particularly Joe Biden who said that Congress lacks the power to second guess Bush’s military strategy.
Any Pelosi obstruction to a new Bush plan might end up being resigned to the House.
Other Democrats distance themselves from Pelosi on additional troop funding
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Some of the other leading Democrats in Congress aren’t ready to echo House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s suggestion that lawmakers might hold up funding for additional troops in Iraq.
On CBS’s ”Face the Nation” today, Pelosi said Democrats won’t cut off money for those troops already in Iraq — but that President Bush would have to ”justify any additional resources.” The comment comes as Bush puts the finishing touches on a plan that could put thousands of additional U.S. troops in Iraq in an effort to stem the sectarian violence.
But Pelosi’s second-in-command in the House Democratic leadership, Steny Hoyer, told Fox News he doesn’t ”want to anticipate” that possibility. And the Democrat who chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joe Biden, says Congress doesn’t have the power to second-guess Bush’s military strategy — because lawmakers had voted to authorize him to wage war. Biden appeared on NBC’s ”Meet the Press.”
The Senate’s top Republican, Mitch McConnell, agreed, telling Fox News that Congress can’t ”micro-manage” the tactics in Iraq.
When asked about Pelosi’s remarks, a White House spokesman said Bush welcomes any ideas on Iraq that ”lead to success.”
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch