Hagel: If You Thought He Was Crazy Before …
Think Chuck Hagel is crazy? You may be convinced of it after reading this. It seems his options are wide open due to his visibility – no doubt like being last in RWN’s straw poll.
He could get "star" Obama to break ranks with the Dems and run as his VP, or maybe recruit NYC Mayor Bloomberg to form a new party. Call it the Anti-Party – Anti-food, Anti-war, Anti-smoking, Anti-gun! It could be the first political party that isn’t for anything at all except themselves. At least Dems have the socialism thing going for them as a cause. Unfortunately for Hagel, even Bloomberg supports the war.
This is either a joke, or the first trial balloon in history with a name all its own – the Hindenburg. Key to getting a wite up in the Washington Post – denounce the war. They’ll think you just might have what it takes to be President. I can’t wait to see if they endorse Cindy Sheenhan in 2008.
But with McCain appearing increasingly isolated on the issue as public opinion has turned overwhelmingly against the war, Hagel is acting like a politician who believes his stock is climbing. In other words, he is considering a White House run.
Hagel joked during the interview about teaming up with New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, a moderate Republican, and also floated the possibility of joining a bipartisan unity ticket with a Democrat — with his name first, of course.
Hagel clearly admires Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and calls him "a star," but he doubts the two could ever team up given the vast difference in their parties’ principles. "I don’t know if it gets to that point, but there is a shift going on out there, and there’s nothing like a war that does that," Hagel said.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch