Why Is CREW Lying?
Update: Just to be clear, that CREW would not reveal the source of the alleged emails is a total joke. One cannot walk into a court with a faxed copy of an email and seek a subpoena to start an investigation. The FBI would need access to some e-storage medium before the authenticity of the documents could be confirmed. CREW knows that. They are making fools of themselves.
They must be genuine moonbats at CREW to believe they are going to get into a he said, she said with the FBI and come away a winner. The FBI states that they now believe CREW may have had emails in question in the Foley case as far back as April and that CREW refused to provide clean copies, or tell them how they came into their possession.
Those requests are perfunctory if someone really wants an investigation to take place. Here they are below in the original pdf file CREW had on its site. Obviously they were redacted, precisely as the FBI claims.
Law enforcement officials said the allegations by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) are without merit, and they stood by allegations that the group had refused to provide some information to the FBI.
In subsequent days, unidentified Justice and FBI officials told reporters that the e-mails provided by CREW were heavily redacted and that the group refused to provide unedited versions to the FBI. One law enforcement official — speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation — also told The Washington Post the FBI believed that CREW may have received the e-mails as early as April and that the group refused to tell the FBI how they were obtained.
Look for Friday updates via Hot Air.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch