The Netroots Meltdown Begins
via My Due Dilligence … lest anyone forget the site started with a stock
Lieberman is throwing the whole party under the bus. It’s time for 2008 candidates to step up.
Update: I think this is a major error on Lieberman’s part. He has run a pretty good general election campaign, casting himself as a bipartisan uniter and generally lying about his record. That has largely worked because it’s been the narrative in Connecticut for 18 years. Lieberman’s still holding on to a piece of the Democratic vote, which he’ll need to keep to win.
That’s in reaction to this interview courtesy of Pajamas Media today.
Lieberman – the former Democrat now running as an Independent to retain his Connecticut senate seat – was asked by PJM’s CEO Roger Simon if he could forgive once close friends Chris Dodd, Al Gore and Teddy Kennedy, for endorsing his opponent Ned Lamont, the former Democratic Party vice-presidential candidate responded: "I can forgive … but I probably won’t forget."
Given that, courtesy of Instapundit, Lieberman leads Lamont by ten points in the polls, which bus is it Lieberman is throwing the party under? The one they attempted to drive over his Senate career? A clue for the Netroots, once the Dem leaders and 2008 candidates read the writing on the wall, they are going to cut their losses and begin to make amends. That’s basically the message Lieberman is sending, as the story linked also reports that Lamont has lost momentum ten points back.
The Netroots had fun in a Democrat Primary, but the adults know Lieberman has to caucus with the Dems, or who knows what might be at risk after November. Get over it, dudes … the professional pols aren’t going to dish dirt at Lieberman, not when he’s holding a ten point lead over an empty suit who already overspent in an attempt to buy a Senate seat.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch