Always Consider The Source
It seems some Berkeley Social Scientists – read my Mother wanted me to be a doctor but I couldn’t get out of bed and make it to class, tracked 95 children for 20 years and came up with a model for predicting a conservative personality.
Let’s forget that, assuming they were 25 years of age at the study’s end, few of them probably had made enough money by then to understand the real wisdom of conservatism. But, I digress.
"Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative," says the article.
Well, good heavens, what conservative child in Berkeley wouldn’t exhibit such traits? I’d whine, too, if I found out my lunch money was being confiscated, only to be sent off to some third world country courtesy of Kofi Annan, who had the audacity to stick a few coins in his pocket for his nephew – sort of a handling fee, you know.
And insecure? Can you imagine getting caught playing Doctor with little Gretchen down the street, only to be caught by both of her two seemingly interchangeable Dads? I suspect I might head off to the teacher and lodge a complaint, too.
And what good would that do? You’d probably come home to find the thought police from the NEA holding your parents hostage up in the bathroom until you promised to mend your ways.
social ineptness, insanity, and insecurity can all be motivations for conservatism
Yes, little Johnnie was socially inept because he couldn’t find a date for the Prom, at least not one who shaved her legs. And after 20-some years of not being allowed to assume a leadership role in school because, well, they set those aside for the gurls … I suspect the poor lad probably was about half insane.
Thank Gawd he finally graduated high school and opted out of Yale, so he could attend USC and finally get laid. Had it not been for the transition, the poor guy might have never seen the light and ultimately voted for Reagan when he had the chance.
No doubt, had he stayed behind in Berkeley, he’d probably be wearing unsightly sandals with dark socks and following the likes of Jimmy Carter around to totalitarian states, bashing America and building houses along the way.
Where the hell is the fun in that?
Michelle Malkin picks up on the meme.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch