What Austria Doesn’t Want You To See
As is being widely reported but so far not widely shown, (also see here for MSM reports) the Austrian government spent $1.2 million to fund controversial artwork. But the MSM isn’t telling the whole story just yet. I was able to navigate to a, for now, hard to access site with a pdf file of all the posters and take screen captures of some images, more than three of which might be of at least some interest to Americans – including one which arguably desecrates the American flag. See below text and fold for thumbnails – click them to enlarge.
Spoof posters depicting the Queen having sex with the U.S. and French presidents and displayed across Vienna are causing embarrassment just days ahead of Austria’s taking over the EU presidency.
The images showed two naked female models wearing masks of President George W. Bush and the Queen, and a male model with a President Jacques Chirac mask, positioned as if they were having sex.
Chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel appealed to the artists to withdraw the images, according to a spokeswoman quoted by the APA news agency.
Part of a series called "euroPART" and created by artists from all 25 member countries of the European Union, the posters were meant to "reflect on the different social, historical and political developements in Europe", said art project 25peaces, which commissioned the posters.
25peaces received 1 million euros ($1.2 million) of funding from the Austrian government for the works.
But the project, 150 images only three of which had sexual overtones, caused uproar in the media and among politicians.
The tabloid Kronen-Zeitung, read by half of Austria’s population, called for immediate removal of the "porno posters" from 400 billboards in prominent places across the city.
Click thumbs to enlarge:
This last image may be the least work safe as a result of better clarity. It’s also arguably going to be judged the best of the lot by some. Though I’ve evaluated them purely on artistic merit, I can assure you. ; )
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch