Scott Deojay Arrested In Judith Nilan Case
I doubt anyone’s buying just the kidnapping charge – and neither are the authorities. What a damned shame.
DANIELSON, Conn. (AP) — A man charged with kidnapping a jogger told investigators he accidentally hit her with his car and only tied her up because he was trying to hide the body, found in a shed owned by a "Sesame Street" performer, authorities said Wednesday.
Judith Nilan’s husband reported her missing Monday when she didn’t return from a jog. The 44-year-old social worker was found dead the next morning with her arms tied behind her back, her jogging pants pulled down and her head bloody where she appeared to have been beaten, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
Scott Deojay, 36, was arrested Tuesday and charged with kidnapping. He appeared in court briefly Wednesday in Danielson and was ordered held on $500,000 bail.
Deojay is a handyman who had done work on the Woodstock property of Caroll Spinney, who plays Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on the long-running children’s public television show. Police said Spinney had nothing to do with the crime.
Prosecutors said they plan to pursue murder charges against Deojay, but with the shed on the Massachusetts state line, they were still sorting out issues of jurisdiction.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch