Who Is John F. Regan?
Who is John F. Regan? It appears that’s what authorities are trying to figure out. The 49-year-old Connecticut father and husband is sitting in a psychiatric hospital after attempting to hang himself in his jail cell. Regan has now been indicted on attempted kidnapping charges involving a female high school student, but authorities aren’t convinced that’s where the story ends.
They are also now investigating his movements over a period of years and across three states to explore any connection between Regan and the disappearance of a college student in 1998. Additionally, questions are starting to emerge as to a possible bizarre double life linking him to multiple kidnappings and the possible murders of two prostitutes.
This is a very serious crime. This is a very frightening crime," District Attorney James A. Murphy III said.
State Police are interested in Regan’s whereabouts on March 2, 1998, when Suzanne Lyall, a computer science major at the University at Albany, is believed to have been abducted in Albany. She was last seen that date on a CDTA bus.
Via Cable News last night:
But first tonight, 49-year-old Connecticut father and husband accused of attempted kidnapping and a teenager track star`s possible kidnap may be linked to multiple sex attacks in the area, as well as the deaths of two Connecticut prostitutes. A father and husband. And now he may be even linked to the `98 disappearance of a University of Albany student.
Then there’s this from the NY Times:
WATERBURY, Conn. – John F. Regan had been out on bail for a year when a concerned photo clerk at the Walgreens on West Main Street called the police earlier this fall.
"He says, ‘I’m getting all these pictures developed by this guy John Regan and they’re of all these women,’ " said Sgt. Chris Corbett of the Waterbury police. "He thought it was odd, because the pictures didn’t add up. They were like surveillance photos. These are pictures of women getting out of their cars in a parking lot, going into a store, going into a bank."
Mr. Regan, 49, a married father of three from a prominent family with deep roots in this city, has been a focus of local news coverage since he was charged last year in two cases that involved allegations of sexual assault. He is awaiting trial in those cases; he faces kidnapping charges in one and unlawful restraint charges in the other.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch